Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My First Blog Post!

Here is the long awaited first post! I discovered from my sister's friend Lauren that it is socially unacceptable to have a blog and not write on it, so here we go.

If i can figure out how to do it, I will post a picture of mine and Doug's first Christmas tree as a married couple! We had a big fight about whether or not it would fit in our tiny one bedroom apartment, and I won. We won't discuss the fact that you cant really walk behind the couch or sit at the dining room table anymore:) The tree is actually compliments of Doug's decorating abilities. Last year, he bought it for me, along with all of the ornaments as a Christmas present--I was very impressed with his coordination abilities!

Today is a very special day for Doug and I...we are celebrating our two year anniversary since our first date! I guess this is the last "unmarried" anniversary to celebrate. We are going to a restaurant in Wichita called Sweet Basil...it was voted Wichita's most romantic restaurant and has great italian food! I'm really looking forward to it.

So I guess that is the first official blog post! I will end it on a funny story. Doug was picking up a box of Christmas cards for me today, and when he went to check out, the cashier said: "Well, whoever gets these cards would be surprised they are from a guy...unless they know he's flaming" !! Can you believe that? Doug was just shocked that she implied his card selection was similar to a gay guy's. Crazy!

2 comments:

Brian and Michelle said...

yay for you blogging! Poor Doug and his flamin' cards!!! haha! I still haven't put up my Christmas tree--how lame am I? sadness...miss ya and luv ya! ~chelle

Anonymous said...

ha! i'm so glad you took my advice! ;) i will so add you to my blog list now!! you need to speak to your sister about an update!! ha!