Sunday, January 20, 2008

Doug's Hair Fiasco!


As with any new place, its hard to get accustomed to trying new things...especially trying to find a place to cut your hair. Doug is particularly picky when it comes to this--he had a great girl in Wichita named Audrey who worked at the Eric Fischer Salon (for those of you in Kansas needing a hair stylist!), so he was pretty spoiled. He asked me to find someone to cut his hair, so on a recommendation from a friend, we tried this place called Hair Works by Tom Noufal, in the Landmark Mall. Big mistake!! Tom himself cut Doug's hair, and it was a disaster! He barely spoke English, and he didn't even ask Doug what he wanted. He just started cutting away, and literally five minutes later pronounced that he was done. It was all uneven in the back and he didn't even cut the top of his hair. And he took it up really short in the back and on the sides...it was so sad! Doug was so mad that we had to pay $25 for a crap hair cut. Obviously, we had to get it fixed, so I decided to call this really nice salon and make him an appt. The girl there fixed his hair, although she had to cut it WAY short in order to even out the job that this whacko did on him! Did I mention that it cost us over $50 to get it fixed? Talk about an expensive trip...I could have gotten a massage for this kind of money!
So I saved the best part of the story for last. Those who know me well understand that I have no problem with confrontation, so I called the guy from Hairworks, and trying to be nice, asked him if he had a satisfaction guarantee policy. Of course he didn't understand what I was talking about, so I asked again if he would refund money if you weren't satisfied with your haircut. He said no, so I told him that my husband was in today and he had totally jacked up his hair and wanted his money back. He told me no, but that if we came in again he would fix it, although he did "exactly what Doug asked for" (even though Doug never got a chance to speak!) I told him that Doug wouldn't let him touch his hair with a ten foot pole, and why would we want to give him the chance to ruin it again?? He kept saying no, so I told him that if he didn't give us our money back, I would tell everyone I knew that he sucked at cutting hair and never to step foot in his salon. At this point, he chose to hang up on me. It briefly has entered my mine to see if its legal to picket in front of his store in the mall with signs about how he is a screw up, but I figured its probably not. So I settled for the fact that if I couldn't get our money back, at least I could ruin his day. I have posted a picture for you to see what this guy looks like. Obviously, the girl in the picture looks thrilled with her haircut as well. The website is tomnoufal.com, if any of you want to try and leave nasty comments on his website. Sweet, sweet revenge.....

3 comments:

Brian and Michelle said...

that is way too bad. you should go onto yellow pages online and you can leave reviews about businesses that put their info on there! and you can rate them!!! SAD CAT! you need to put a pic of his new do on here! luv ya!

Emily Johns said...

You GO Megan!! I'm so glad you exposed this guy.......it would have cost him less to give you your money back!!
Emily

Unknown said...

Tom has cut my and my families hair for over 30 years. We love him and he speaks English very well! My sister was in a horrible car accident, she was in the hospital for over two months. Tom went to the hospital and cut her hair...no charge. He is the only person that does an excellent job on my hair! I'm sure if you had mentioned your dissatisfaction at the time of the cut he would have made it right. also, why would Doug just sit there getting his hair cut and not say anything?